With the holidays just around the corner, it’s likely your home will see an influx of guests over the this weekend or this summer, which can put a strain on your plumbing system. Take a few minutes this week to prepare your home before the hustle and bustle of the holidays begin.
If you’re traveling for the holidays
- If you will be leaving your home for an extended period of time, consider turning off your water to avoid pipe problems, such as freezing.
- Wrap pipes to prevent freezing.
- Turn down your water heater to save energy while you’re gone.
If you’re entertaining for the holidays
- Check your plumbing fixtures for leaks. This includes all sinks, toilets, tubs, washing machines and other plumbing fixtures.
- Check for slow-draining sewers (the natural sign of a clog or problem).
- Keep in mind what you shouldn’t pour down the drain – such as grease, food, household chemicals, etc.
If you have a problem
The last thing a homeowner needs over a holiday is a problem with plumbing – which is likely a clogged sewer or leaking pipe. Be prepared by keeping the numbers for your service line warranty provider on hand, as well WesTech Plumbing you know that has 24-hour and holiday service hours.
We are available 24 hours a day, holidays and weekends. Call us at 806-866-2382!